Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Scrap Up an Up Cycled Greeting Card

Welcome to Traditional Tuesday.

I scrapped up this card a while ago and forgot to show it off.  I wish I would have thought to have taken a before photo.  Duh!  Hehehe...  We'll take a bit of a close look to see how you can recycle nifty cards and use the stash you already have.  Scrap up something lovely, fast and save some dosh.

My mom still sends cards!  Hehehe...  I don't know if she knows, but she often gets them back again.  Greeting cards are so super for frugal scrapping.  I keep nearly all the cards we receive.  You can use the wording in titles, keep the sentiments that are nice and cut and paste them in another.  I've made a couple of photo albums out of recycled cards, too.  See some here and here.  Greeting cards are typically, very rigid, like this one and sometimes they have totally awesome features, also like this one.


Loved the edging of this envelope style card and I made it stand out more by inking over the embossing.  The pink flower, lattice paper was an original part of the card, but all of the rest is added. I loved the fine, pink, satin ribbon and the pearls give it a big glamour punch.  The large flower is just cut out from a template with like minded colours.  The two flowers on top of that give added depth as well as some texture.  I love the pearl drops, too.  That's a money saver, for sure.  The topper is my antique button.

These tiny pearls on a string are a staple in my stash.  Someone gave me a huge wheel, but they are almost gone.  If you know where to find them, hit a sister up!



Obviously, you'll have to revamp the inside.  I would cover the entire centre page to conceal the fact that you are indeed, recycling the card.  I used lovely papers from Webster's Pages.  I used a touch more of the pink, satiny ribbon and I used some pink glitter on the lilac flowers and some really neat pearl-ized paint on the hinges and around the big, off white flower.  The camera flash is not giving these touches the justice they deserve.  Hehehe...


Copy a sentiment from off of the internet if you don't have something yourself.  You could print it out and adhere it to your card if you choose.  Especially, if you're not thrilled about your handwriting.  If you're savvy enough to figure out how to get your printed sentiment on the paper you're using, then that's a thought for you.

That's it for a super speedy Traditional Tuesday, up cycled card.

I'll be back for Throw Back Thursday to remind you of a sweet, free kit you may have missed and for Freebie Friday, I'll have more from our Dog Daze Collection for you.  Hybrid Saturday will be free summer bucket list printables from the amazing Paty Greif Digital Designer and yours truly.  You won't wanna miss those.

What else have you missed?  Take a look at some of our most popular posts.

This teacher appreciation idea.  Just apply a gift card and add a ribbon.  It's free!


 free teacher appreciation printable

This super summery cluster, also free.

 freebie
And our monthly "Goodies" are always a big hit and they are free, too.

 free planner inserts
 free planner inserts
 planner inserts, free 

Not too, shabby, eh?  We love our fans and want to thank you for your continued support of The Cherry.

See you on Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment