Tuesday, November 10, 2015

French Hash N' Eggs


Welcome to a culinary edition of The Cherry On Top.

The family and I went to the South of France this summer.  It was a first for me.  I've only been to Paris a couple of times and had a brief stay in Bordeaux when I was backpacking around Western Europe.  My ad hoc travel partner kept accusing me for the bad weather and after threatening to blacken both of her eyes, I went on my own merry way.  Hehehe...

When I travel internationally, I love checking out the local stores and discovering the regional food.  After a couple of attempts at the local bucheries, we found a really good one and kept going back.  The farmer had totally awesome wines to offer for next to nothing as well.  Talk about a mega hook up!
  

That's the village we stayed in.  It's nestled in the Pyrenees Mountains.  Spectacular views and a lot of nature to enjoy.

Among many of the meats we tried from Chez Alex was this terrine.  It reminded me of corned beef hash.  I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but it was delicious and I couldn't wait to try it.


These are the ingredients I used:  olive oil, terrine, leek or onions, garlic, potatoes and eggs


Slice and dice those lovelies.



Sauté the veggies in some oil over a low to medium fire and add the terrine, corned beef, bacon or ham at the end.  If you are using something like hash or terrine, you'll only need to warm it through and serve.  Consider salt, pepper or other regional herbs. 


I whipped up some eggs in a separate pan.  To get eggs like this, I carefully crack them in a slightly buttered pan on low heat and cover them with a lid for just a couple of minutes.  Keep a sharp eye out.  It can go fast.

Buon appetite!


Ahhh...fond memories of a magical space.




Thanks so much for checking out The Cherry.




No comments:

Post a Comment