Thursday, November 17, 2016

Vintage Jewellery Gift Idea and a Challenge

Welcome to The Cherry On Top.

We're throwing it back this Thursday with an older digital scrapbooking kit from Feli.  We're also looking at some vintage jewellery as a gift idea for the coming holidays and we want to challenge you as well.

Take a peep at some layout love and get inspired.  Think critically about what kind of special gifts you'd like to give out this year.  Has vintage jewellery ever crossed your mind?  Perhaps you have a special piece at home you'd like to pass on or maybe you'd like to see what's available.


 Feli Designs found at the Digital Scrapbooking Studio

The above layout displays my grandma's ring she left for me.  It's actually my birthstone, too.  I remember this ring taking up most of her finger.  Hehehe...She was tall, but skinny and this ring could always be seen and I don't ever remember her not wearing it.  Although, she really did love her accessories.   

I have to admit, wearing jewellery with a story is so much more special.

The mind can wonder about who wore this piece?  Did they love it with all of their heart and soul?  Did someone special give it to them?  I often thought these musing when I'd wear vintage hats that I used to collect.

Vintage jewellery is a really great idea for a gift when the recipient appreciates, unique well crafted pieces.  If the jewellery has stood the test of time, you're sure to get even more wear out of it for years to come.


These are two pieces from my mother.  I absolutely love this owl necklace with the rhinestone eyes.  It sparkles magnificently against a darker coloured top or dress and it's fun pairing up modern clothes with antique jewellery, too.  A classic hand bag would make a full, authentic look.

I thought you could get a better idea of how special gift giving with vintage jewellery could be by showing off some pieces that you can find in an on line gallery like Invaluable, the world's premier auction and galleries.

 Invaluable

I chose from an awesome array of beautiful pieces.


 Invaluable

Necklaces, bracelets, pendants, watches, rings...there are so many choices.  Consider all of your options.  I loved these music inspired earrings.  What a wonderful gift to receive for someone who loves music.

 Invaluable

Don't forget the man in your life.  Perhaps some gorgeous cuff links or other accessory would be something different than the normal gifts men receive.  How many socks and ties can I guy have?  Hehehe...


 Invaluable

The watches totally caught my eye.  The older crafted pieces are absolutely exquisite and once again, unique from what's out there today.


 Invaluable

We would love to see you scrap up your vintage pieces or if you don't have any, scrap your favourite jewellery wether old or new, cheap or expensive.  Just as long as it is precious to you.


Here is one more layout showing off my favourite golden hoops from my Grandma.  I'm not sure how old they are, but they are of excellent quality and I wear them all of the time.

Staying on the topic of gifts, here is a free cluster frame for you.  I used lovely Commercial Use goodies from ADB Designs.  Click on the image for the download.

 free frame cluster from The Cherry On Top


Thanks so much for stopping by The Cherry.

Happy scrapping and gift giving!



No comments:

Post a Comment