Thursday, May 26, 2016

Throw Back Thursday With Freebies and The CT Hot Spot

Welcome to The Cherry On Top's Throw Back Thursday.

It's been very challenging getting all of these projects and blogs in because my husband has broken his neck.  He's kind of ok, but he is incapacitated which means I have to do absolutely everything and have a lot less time for the blog and the projects that go with it.  If you've been missing out on some traditional scraps, I apologise for this and hope things will get better soon.

Today, I've got a killer blog set for you!  Look out for tons of scrappy inspiration, absolutely gorgeous kits and a couple of freebies, too.

In the beginning of this year, I was introduced to the CT Hot Spot.  It is an absolutely amazing place. It is a bit of a dream for most of us in the Digi Scrap World.  There is an active forum with amazingly dedicated and talented members.  There is also a gallery full of some of the most talented layout artists in the business.  The blog stays current, informative and inspirational as does the Facebook Page and Pinterest boards.

What does the CT Hot Spot do?  They do all of the work for digital designers outside of designing.  Taking care of advertising across social outlets, accumulating multiple layouts from very talented artists and doing all of this in a timely, professional and very artistic manner.

Here are some of the layouts I have designed from a couple of the designers at the CT Host Spot.  We'll take a closer look at these designers, their work, get a better idea of the CT Hot Spot concept and pick up a few freebies these designers generously aloud The Cherry to make.

 That's The Spirit

First up a beautiful, double whammy of Feli Designs, That's The Spirit kit, coupled up with a beautiful template from Heartstrings Scrap Art.  If freebies are yo' thang, then hit up Bryony's Facebook Page where you can find a free template.

This was, by far, the best day at the Belgian beach.  I'm so glad I took a ton fun photos and what better kit than one full of blue like water and yellow like sun?  Perfect!  I also love Bryony's big picture templates.  For me scrapping is always about the photos.  Especially, with this failing memory of mine.  Hehehe...

 Dad'll Fix It

LouCee Creations has always been a favourite of mine and manly, boyish kits definitely top my list of desired designs.  How adorable were my boys back then?  This is Dad'll Fix It, an older kit but still a goodie.

 Boys Club

I had more than enough photos for a fabulous kit like this one from Jilbert's Bits Of Bytes, Boys Club.  Fabulously rich, manly colours and just the right elements to show off your masculine photos.  Excuse Liam's lack of enthusiasm.  His father made him visit the cars BEFORE the trains.  Hehehe...It just so happens this kit is just $1.50!  Not sure how long that awesome deal will last, so ya better get it, now!


 Animal Crackers

I just love whimsical and Linda Cumberland certainly does it well.  Animal Crackers is such a cute, versatile kit.  It was great for showing off my photos at the Antwerp Zoo.


 Blossoming Friendship

Here's some more designs by Linda Cumberland.  Above is, Blossoming Friendship and a super Throw Back photo of me and ma in Florida, way back.


 For The Boys

Throwing it back even further is this photo of my dad and uncle in the 50's, also featuring another great kit from Linda Cumberland, For The Boys.  Really love this layout and those fabulous vintage elements.


 Mommy May I


Oh, what's this?  More Linda Cumberland?  I guess I'm obsessed!  Hehehe....Above is Mommy May I.  So super sweet and soft and throwing back to way early photos of my parents.

Below, is Time To Time and my shot at a type of white space challenge and the coolest rainbow I have ever seen.  These colours and timelessness of this kit is pretty fabulous.


 Time To Time

Let's take a peek at an older, yet wonderful kit from Manu Scraps, Destination Anywhere.  I have tons of travel photos that I love to scrap.  Here we are again, in Germany on the Rhein.


 Destination Anywhere

Fading Away is a kit full of passion and contrasts of love and hate, bright and dark, happy and sad.  What to do with all of this beautiful drama?  Scrap it, of course!  Manu has put her sole into this phenomenal kit.


 Fading Away

Scrapping doesn't always have to be about the photos, but can also project feelings like above and below's layouts.  This one is dedicated to my mom who lost her first born daughter. This amazing kit is from ADB Designs and it is Diane's Moon Light Sonata.  Full of charismatic purples and a touch darker yet natural vibe.


 Moon Light Sonata

Let's brighten things up with this layout from Prairie Song Scraps, Say It Softly.  A classy touch of vintage and fabulous colour palette.  More photos of my aunty's 70th birthday party album.


 Say It Softly

My last layout I have for you is this magical kit, My Little Chick A Dee from Snicker Doodle Designs.  Awesomely whimsical, bright and full of fun.  How pleased was Liam with his party and cupcakes?


 My Little Chickadee

I've whipped up a couple of freebies featuring a few of the above kits from these generous designers. They are for Personal Use ONLY and may not be resold or claimed as your own.

A fun frame for you using LouCee Creation's Dad'll Fix It.  Right click and download the png format.

Jilbert's Bits Of Bytes, Boys Club cluster.  Right click and download.
This gorgeous quick page from Snickerdoodle Designs, My Little Chick A Dee. Right click and save.


I'd love to have you join us over at the CT Hot Spot.  Start your own gallery, become a designer there or get on our Creative Team.

Enjoy the inspiration, freebies and make the time to scrap.  You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment