Saturday, November 28, 2015

Tiny's Hobby and The Cherry On Top, A Mini Album

Welcome to The Cherry On Top.

We're back with another mini album.  This one was designed at a workshop at Tiny's Hobby in Kortrijk, Belgium.  They have a brand new store and it is totally awesome!  It's all new and full of "leuk" sweet hobby crafts.  From Pixel Art to crochet, clay, scrapbooking, stamping and tons more.


Isn't it awesome?!  What a transformation!  They have a Facebook Page where they show off pictures of workshops, goodies and the shop.  I actually travel over an hour to get to this shop because I don't know of anything in my area this good and with all of these awesome workshops.



My favourite part is the beautiful new workshop areas.  The last workshop, in November I attended we received a pizza box FULL of delicious scrap stuff.  Most of the goodies were from the Jillibean Soup collection, Spicy Social Soup.

How fun are these colours and prints?!


I went for a layered look on all of my pages and I used a Graphic 45 tag, mini album.


The embellishments were small in numbers and we mostly had to use just patterned papers and the paper goodies from the collection.  That makes you think extra crafty creative, though!


As you can see, I inked around nearly everything to give the entire mini album a cohesive feel.  I always think layers and edging with paper or ink gives all of my projects a more polished, finished feel.


You don't always have to fill each each and every page with photos and goodies.  I left the back cover blank.  Hehehe...

Bind it all together with a ring and if ya feel like it, tie a bunch of ribbons around the ring for more fun.

Use different kinds of adhesives to put your projects together.  Glue, glue dots, double sided tape and foam tape for extra added dimension is always recommended.  Dimension adds more variety and interest to your projects.


I'm off for another pizza box workshop at Tiny's in just a few short weeks.  This time I have the box first and it's from one of my all time favourite paper produces, Basic Grey.  Yay!  I bought another cardboard mini album with ring binding when I was at Tiny's and I'll be using that for the base of my pizza box goodies.  I'm thinking of scrapping a weekend get away with my hubby because the papers and goodies are way grown up with subdued colours and class.

I'll be back to show you that one when it's finished.

Thanks for stopping by The Cherry for a peek.  We love when you do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment